Vistech delivers the Port Facility Security Officers course every two months from our Middlebsrough training centre , located centrally close to Middlesbrough Train Station, Bus Station and ample pay and display parking on site.
Course Location: Middlesbrough Training Centre
The Vistech PFSO course follows the framework of the ISPS Code, and is approved by the Department for Transport. On completion of this course students will be able to:
- Execute the PFSO responsibilities in accordance with the ISPS Code and national requirement.
- Understand the ISPS Code.
- Manage and revise port facility security plans; coordinate effective search plans and security operations; understand the ISPS code 2012 security levels and implement actions accordingly.
- Assess security risks, threats and vulnerability.
- Develop, maintain and supervise the implementation of a Port Facility Security Plan (PFSP).
- Conduct periodic inspections of the port for which the participant is designated to act as the Port Facility Security Officer to ensure appropriate security measures are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure that security equipment and systems, if any, are properly operated, tested and calibrated.
- Encourage security awareness and vigilance.
- Identifying weapons and improvised explosive devices.
- Security training, drills and exercises.
- Develop, maintain and review port facility access control.
- Conduct port security assessments and threat analyses.